HI !
Saudi Arabian Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Experience.
Thursday, June 4, 2015 • 6:29 AM • 0 comments

Heyy all.God ! when was the last time i wrote an entry here ?! September 20, 2014 ?! That was months ago and of course sooooo last year. So here i am again. Its 5:42am and i decided to write an opening entry for 2015. Yay.(yawn) As written on the title, i went to the Flight Attendant interview for SV airlines and as many people know, there isnt so much posting about SV flight attendant interview on the internet because me myself searched through the internet all day long,(believe me, i was browsing through the internet and wasting half of my life to looked up the flight attendant interview experiences) its hard to find a fully detailed of SV flight attendant interview and i really hope that my post today will be inspired to those cabin crew hopeful especially for SV flight attendant hopeful and get the clear view of the interview process so that you can be prepared. Warning for a long post because i wanted to pen down from the day i decided to go for a try.

P/s: Saudi Arabian Airlines usually conduct The Prescreening and Final interview. They will select the candidates in the prescreening interview. So basically you have to do well in the prescreening. Basic requirement for SV flight attendant are not less than 22years old,  Minimum height 160cm with height proportional. 212cm arm reach. Tiptoeing allowed. (arm reach test is soooooo freaking important because i witnessed myself some of the candidates got cut off because they failed to reach 212cm.)

Cant remember the exact date of the day i stumbled upon the SV recruitment advert, but it was a week before and i remembered i was feeling so down as usual because i still had my braces on and i was like 'another opportunity to let go *heavy sigh*' It was always like that. If i saw any upcoming interview, it just tear me apart because of one thing. I STLL HAD MY BRACES ON ! and ofcourse i cant attend any FA interview because as far as i concerned, candidates must have a good set of teeth or free from braces atleast and ive been reading those internet post from other candidates that they got kicked out on the first stage because they had braces. But i decided to email the appointed agent (Moudy cabin crew). So yeah. I still didnt have the courage to go as i have this kind of habit where i always felt that im not good enough and "what if"' word is my food. Then there is one evening, i got all the spirit up and i remembered saying 'i wanted to go" but to go through another 5 days before the date of the interview is one big hell. My life is so miserable it went like yesterday "i'm all geared up to go" and today "i dont think i wanna go or forget it, i quit" But i did it anyway.

The day before the prescreening, i went to the ice rink and skating with my housemates and i kinda forgot the whole interview thingy but my friend, Fathin kept on asking me "are you nervous about tomorrow?" and ofcourse i started to shaking a bit but i kept on reminding myself that i am going to fail on the early stage of the prescreening, therefore i dont have to take the whole thing seriously. I knew its a negative vibes but i did that to avoid dissappointment later on. So to cut it short, i slept at my twin's house at Shah Alam with my older sister and i had a really good sleep like i didnt feel nervous at all and i woke up at 5 am sharp, took a quick bath and do my make up and stuff and left the house at 6am. the interview start at 9 but since the place of the interview is at Ampang, we decided to go early to escape from traffic congestion and the fact that we are not very familiar with the Ampang area but the journey to Ampang is freaking smooth ! The interview took place at The Raintree Club House, Jalan Wickham, We arrived at 7.15am or 7.30am maybe can't remember. So me and my sister just waited in the car, munching our mcd breakfast meals and i did my last minute document checking.




8.30am we decided to enter the club house because we saw few peoples wearing three piece suit they already making move. Went to the upstairs and theres only like 5 candidates at that time and they were drop dead gorgeous i swear. I didnt approached them to introduce myself or anything but i straightly went to the corner of the wall and sat with my sister, (that was the biggest mistakes while attending Flight Attendant interview. We should be friendly and try to approach the other candidates. Go and make some friends !) but i think i have so much thought that time knowing that im gonna fail and i even said to my sister repeatedly, 'the process wont take so long, i'll fail'. Soon after that, the moudy team arrived when the place start to crowded with the candidates and they asked us to take off our shoes and they gave time to try the arm reach test of 212cm. and i went to the back of the line worrying i couldnt reach the line because i remembered seeing the line and went 'oh god that was high !' and at that time i started to talk to one girl, Tyra and this one girl i cant remembered her name but we three were like stretching and trying to tip-toeing so hard at the back. My sister was watching me confusedly and she told me to go try the arm reach test instead of jumping and stretching aimlessly at the back. So i did. I passed the 212cm line and went back to the spot.

 After that, we were asked to queued and the panel start to do the arm reach test, height and weight check. That girl didnt pass and she went home and those who passed the arm reach test were given one form(we have to filled out the form) and we have to queued again to pass our document and sequence number were given. I got number 25 of 100+(not sure the exact total of candidates). when i sat on the chair, i was still in shocked for passing the basic check. The second stage were one to one interview. There were 3 room and each room were assigned to 2 panel. And as my number and name got called, i got room number one. and there were one female and one male panel. First they checked my teeth and any visible scars on my face. and i was so nervous when they checked my teeth. I had braces on. But they didnt say anything bout it. They asked simple and basic questions such as 'tell me about yourself' and 'whats your hobbies?' Since i didnt have any specific hobbies, my answer is 'i love to hang out with my friends, because i love to talk. and blaa blaa blaa' soon as i finished, the male panel said 'you love to talk ? then i want you to talk non-stop' so i sat there blankly for a few seconds before i replied 'about anything?'(what a stupid question). So yeah i talked mostly about my studies, my twin. God know how much i screwed up and i wanted to cry because i kept on tripping over my words like a lot ! Nervous does kills you. Tips: There are no right and wrong answer, they just wants to see how you communicate and how you present yourself. Keep talking. and keep on smiling. I dont know about the other candidates but before i left the room, the female panel said to me "i want to see you in final interview" and that point i was so confused. did i make it to the final ? arent they told us that they will call to notify the successful candidates ? but the question remained unsolved because i kept it in me. and the female panel is so nice to advice me about the foundation and she even told me to change my foundation colour, i remembered she said "i believe your skin is fairer than this and i think that your foundation making you look darker" I blame the elianto's beautician for chosing that dark shades foundation for me.


So i went home and i asked some of the girls who already done their interview, did they also received the on the spot result. They replied no. Their panels just told they will call them later if they advanced to the final interview. I got so confused but i thought that my panels arent serious about what they said just now so there i go worrying for one week waiting for the official result and notification. and finally i received notification through whatsapp. At first i read it, i couldnt believe it still and i went silent for 2 days not talking to anybody about it. But kakpah is the first one to know(maybe). To cut it short again. those who advanced to the final interview were compulsory to attend the Briefing day on 9 April. After that me and 7 other girls went to have a lunch at Klcc's foodcourt.

 Both my friends here, fify and nana are succesful and they are now waiting for a flight to Jeddah to start their training. Congratulation baby girls. Will be missing you :*


Tyra also one of those succesful candidates. And she is the first person i talked to during the prescreening interview.

I got my final interview slot on 20 April. Final interview are conduct by Saudi Arabian Airlines panels. Which they are 5-7 panels from Jeddah/Riyadh to interview the final candidates. Final interview is very firm and strict than i imagined. 2days before final interview, my sister told me that she couldnt accompany me because she had seminar to attend and i remembered feeling so sad and down and i decided not to go. But then later that evening, theres this one girl, Farah, whatsapping(she is one of the candidates that also in the same interview day as me) me asking this and that like so sudden. I told her im not going and she offered me to pick me up and go with her as she doesnt have friend on that day and i was staring at the phone screen like I FOUND AN ANGEL. so yeah one of my friend pick me up at Puncak Alam and i slept over at her place and i left early in the morning and took the cab to BTS. (i didnt know what BTS stand for) because Farah asked me to wait for her at BTS. So i did. At 5am. Farah arrived and we went straight to Ampang and the traffic was ridiculous ! but we arrived at 6am ? 6;15am ? cant remembered but whatevs. We went to the nearby stalls of nasi lemak and whatsoever and had breakfast while getting to know each other more. Farah is a model and her height is over 170cm.(i guess because shes so damn tall).


Farah and me :)



We were asked to signed our name and we were given the sequence number again and i was candidate number 4. Farah was 16. And then they called out 1 until 10 candidates and we were asked to enter one room. And the basic prescreening check began again. They were 5 panels. One female and one male are the first panels we enountered. They asked my age while the male panel checking my teeth and any visible scars on both arm also they done an eye test by a pen. The pen was put infront of my eyes and he will moved the pen to the right/left and my eyes has to follow the direction of the pen. Trust me, the male panel knows everything when he checked on you because after he done my eyes checking, he's asking me whether im wearing any lenses or not. It means that he knows right away if you're having far sightedness vision. i am wearing my lenses that time but he still able to spot my far sightedness vision. and since i am wearing braces, they asked me when will i remove the braces. (i replied immediately because im already 2 years and 4month wearing braces and i supposed to removed it after 2 years but i didnt). He also knows the time-lapsed how long you wore the braces just by looking at it. Later that day i found out that the male panel is a doctor. That explained so many question marks in my head. After that, we were asked to remove our shoes and for height/weight check and also arm reach test. I passed the arm reach test again easily. Next for candidates who wore hijab, we were asked to remove our hijab in a small and closed section, and one female panels was checking our hair, the back of the neck. After basic check there will be one to one final interview with the panels. One candidates with 5 panels. The panels were checking my eyes again for the second time for confirmation. (i dont know why) and i think the reason why i failed is first maybe because my age. (i didnt yet 22years old and the requirement is 22years and above. This is because to work in Saudi, the worker has to be 22years old for visa to be approved. "When applying for visa the following must be submitted to the approved visa.The age of the applicant must not be less than 22 years." and i got another 6 months to go to be official). If you're 21 you still have a chance but you have to be atleast 21years 10month at the date of the interview. My official age during the date of the interview is 21years and 8month. and on the form we filled out during the prescreening interview, it stated our birth date too.

And second possibility is maybe because of my eyes where later that day i found out i wore the wrong side of lenses for my eyes. My eyes both have different degree and that explained why the panels were so confused why did my eyes still seeing blurry eventhough i had my lenses on. After the interview, they will not tell you why you failed. So im just making an asssumption because i only see these two reason. or braces. i dont know. But still i didnt felt down or sad because i did well the entire journey of Saudi FA interview and made it to the final is beyond incredible and unthought of. Not many people advanced to the finals. and ofcourse i will try again next year after i finish my degree and internship. and for this year i will never attend any FA interview for the sake of my studies.

p/s: Attending FA interview adalah sangat memenatkan. It cost you money and energy and ofcourse time ! I skipped 3 classes for 3 different date. The prescreening, the briefing day and final interview. and money, phewwww i became veryyyyy poor at the age of 21years and 8month. HAHAHA i kid you. But then its all worth it at the end. I make a lotsa friends and ofcourse memories and experience. :) I'll see you again bloggie when i have something big to share next time. Tooooooddleesssss.



Yaya Norhan. Baran. Braces. UiTM-ians. Follow me on TWITTER
© All Rights Reserved.
©
Thank you^^

Diary About Link
! :)



Nuffnangs